If you were wanting to catch Sonny Rollins or Melody Gardot or Rodriguez at the London Jazz Festival and you don’t have a ticket, I’m afraid you have been transformed from a Johnny Come Lately to a Johnny Head In Hands. Those gigs are sold out.
But the good news is that, if you act fast, you might still have a chance to witness, live, before your very ears and ears:
- The Robert Glasper Experiment on Friday 9 November
- John McLaughlin & The 4th Dimension on Sunday 11 November
- Herbie Hancock solo on Monday 12 November
- Snarky Puppy, also on Monday 12 November (but you can also hear them at the Hare & Hounds in Birmingham on Thursday 8 November – see here)
- Bill Frisell also on Monday 12 November
- Jan Garbarek Group on Tuesday 13 November
- Brad Mehldau Trio also on Tuesday 13 November
- Kurt Elling and Sheila Jordan on Wednesday 14 November
- Esperanza Spalding’s Radio Music Society on Thursday 15 November
- Chick Corea Trio on Saturday 17 November
- David Murray Big Band with Macy Gray on Sunday 18 November
Find out all you need to know about what you can and can’t experience as jazz takes over London next month right here.